Portuguese Omelet - Omelete Portuguesa
Portuguese Omelet is very nutritious.
Portuguese enjoy omelet or omelette even for
By: Isabel Robson
Preparation time: 20 minutes
25 g of chopped fine green beans
25g fresh chopped coriander
1 table spoon of Olive Oil
1 table spoon of chopped dill
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 organic new potatoes
4 free range eggs, beaten
1/2 red pepper
1 Clove of garlic (optional)
salt and pepper to season
- Peel and cut potatoes into large slices
0.5 cm thick.
Wash and boil for 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and drain.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and stir in the
chopped coriander and dill.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan, add
chopped onion and garlic.
- Fry for 2 minutes, stirring gently, then add
fine beans and
- Pour over the eggs to the frying pan,
cooking over a low heat until
eggs are firmer.
- For a golden finish, put under the
grill for 2 minutes.
dish is best served hot with fresh
salad however, it can also be
on its own or as a
sandwich filler with home baked
can help lower cholesterol, control blood pressure, fight cancer, kill
and fight infections.
contain vitamin B12, essential to create red blood cells and to keep